Dearborn Public Schools will provide an exceptional learning environment that empowers every student to succeed in life today and in the future.
Students First - Inspire, Educate, Celebrate
The Dearborn Strategic Plan was developed during the 2015-16 school year. Over 70 people participated in the development of the plan. Those participants included teachers, administrators, support staff, community members and partners, university professionals, PTA members, and students. Dr. Mike Wilmot from the Michigan Leadership Institute was hired by the School District as the facilitator for the development of the plan. Here is a Link to the MLI website http://www.mileader.com/
You can now download the latest information on our Strategic Plan.
Strategic Plan Complete download (PDF)
OUR COMMITMENT AND INDICATORS OF SUCCESS
OUR COMMITMENT (what we will do)
Dearborn Public Schools will ensure:
- a safe and nurturing environment for all students
- a rigorous and challenging instructional program designed to meet the unique needs/interests of all learners
- dynamic and individualized instruction rooted in research and established best practices – every hour, every day
- attention to the development of the whole child
- strong, collaborative partnerships with families and the community that enhance opportunities for student success at every level
- an openness to new technologies, approaches and structures that enable the District to remain a leader of educational change
INDICATORS OF SUCCESS
- Consider student needs as the first priority when making any decision.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of every learner.
- Honor accomplishments through celebrations.
- Promote an attitude of lifelong learning.
- Develop strong partnerships within the community to support a culture of learning for all.
- Provide job embedded professional learning to enhance student success.
- Implement My Learning Plan (MLP) as an integral part of the daily lives of students.
- Provide a safe learning environment so every failure is a new opportunity to learn.
- Invest in staff at all levels to produce a caring and nurturing environment for students.
- Strive for best effort-everyday
OUR CORE VALUES
Honesty – To demonstrate honesty, we need to …
- Be truthful.
- Treat all people fairly.
Respect for Self and Others – To demonstrate respect for self and others, we need to …
- Be courteous and polite.
- Be an upstander - advocate for the rights of others
- Embrace, value and celebrate diversity
- Show kindness toward others.
- Accept others and be fair to all
- Treat others as we wish to be treated
Responsibility – To demonstrate responsibility, we need to …
- Be transparent
- Think before we act.
- Make informed decisions.
- Be accountable for our actions.
- Admit mistakes and plan corrections.
Integrity – To exhibit integrity, we need to …
- Be trustworthy.
- Keep our promises.
- Do our own work.
- Know and do the right thing.
- Make the right choice even when not popular.
Citizenship – To exhibit good citizenship, we must …
- Respect the guiding principles of our country
- Respect authority/obey the law.
- Be an informed citizen.
- Volunteer within our community.
- Be environmentally responsible.
- Pursue life-long learning.